About Marathon Des Sables

The Marathon Des Sables (MdS) is known as the toughest footrace on Earth. The distance covered is 243km's in the Sahara desert, run in 49 degrees Celsius heat while every athlete carries his or her own equipment, food etc. weighing in at around 9-13kg's.

This blog is aimed at telling my story. I will record my preparation for the MdS 2013 in detail in the hope that it will help my fellow runners.

Saturday 17 March 2012

A Relaxing Week








I decided at the start of this week to take it easy. I left the weight at home and ran for the fun of it. Without the weight on my back I felt naked and initially a little guilty but the pleasure of running for the fun of it soon wiped away all guilt.

The result was a 52:02, 10km on Monday. I still ran a total of 60km’s this week and added a 10km bike ride. In the future I will add more cycling kilometres as part of my cross training. I also received the race pack I ordered from RaceKit, a Runner R-Light 30L with the Equilibre R-Light front pack. I will be testing it out in the week to come.  

Overall it has been a week of running for the fun of it. I also spent a great deal of time researching nutrition and will shortly share what I have found, as well as my personal experience in testing some of the ideas and theories. Hopefully it will be of benefit to some of you as well.

Congratulations to my wife who ran her first 10km today.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Genis 

No comments:

Post a Comment